Dave Eggers is the author of nine books, including most recently The Circle and A Hologram for the King, which was a finalist for the 2012 National Book Award. His novel What Is the What was a finalist for the 2006 National Book Critics Circle Award and won France’s Prix Medici. That book, about Valentino Achak Deng, a survivor of the civil war in Sudan, gave birth to the Valentino Achak Deng Foundation, which operates a secondary school in South Sudan run by Mr. Deng. He is the founder of McSweeney’s, an independent publishing company based in San Francisco that produces books, a quarterly journal of new writing (McSweeney’s Quarterly Concern), and a monthly magazine, The Believer. McSweeney’s also publishes Voice of Witness, a nonprofit book series that uses oral history to illuminate human rights crises around the world. Eggers is the co-founder of 826 National, a network of eight tutoring centers around the country and ScholarMatch, a nonprofit organization designed to connect students with resources, schools and donors to make college possible. He lives in Northern California with his family.
For a complete biography, check out the Tendency.
- Signed Dave Eggers Duo $60.00
- Understanding the Sky (SIGNED) $30.00
- Understanding the Sky $24.00
- This Bridge Will Not Be Gray $19.95
- Some Recollections of a Busy Life $25.00
- The Voice of Witness Reader: Ten Years of Ampli... $20.00
- A Hologram for the King $25.00
- It Is Right to Draw Their Fur $42.00